Tuesday, April 23, 2013

What Were YOU Doing at 3am?

Last night, I was awakened to severe pain in my right hand and wrist. 3am isn't a time to wake up to pain, especially with a busy day the next day.

Unfortunately, this is the harsh reality of individuals with arthritis. Arthritis doesn't ask when it's convenient to have a flare, and it certainly didn't care to limit the use of my right hand this morning when I needed to blow dry my hair this morning, either.

(Pause for reaction from every female reading this...arthritis makes it hard to fix my hair sometimes...this is a serious problem)

It was a big day, too! I had a ton of work with education in West Virginia this morning and THEN I got to go read for the Read Aloud WV show Book Nook!

So, after about 30 minutes of hoping the throbbing pain would go away or at least calm down, I got up and took a trip to the freezer to grab an ice pack. 

I think it's creepy that putting ice on a joint until it freezes is a 'sleep aid' of some sort, but...it seemed to do the trick last night. I somehow fell back asleep and woke up this morning feeling slightly better. It was a tough start to the day, but I'm feeling, let's say...75% now :) (Hence my ability to type this blog)

I know it's hard...but here's a little support and encouragement for anyone who might be having a hard day with pain! <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment