Thursday, April 25, 2013

SO Honored to be the 2013 HONOREE for the Arthritis Foundation's Jingle Bell Run!

It was officially announced today that I have been selected as the Honoree for the 2013 Arthritis Foundation Jingle Bell Run in Charleston, WV on December 14th! 

I am so honored and humbled to be a part of the largest fundraiser in WV for arthritis. The work I do with the Arthritis Foundation truly is to support individuals and raise awareness for the over 523,000 people in our state affected today. I know that my story is one in a million of individuals who suffer, but I hope that I can truly make a difference and help others.


I also want to take a quick moment to thank the Arthritis Foundation of West Virginia, my family and friends for always being there to help make the pain not hurt so bad. Also, to my Hubby - thank you for always dealing with my sleepless nights and always being there to grab me a bag of peas. MOST IMPORTANTLY, I want to thank my Mom and Dad. They were the saving grace when we couldn't figure out what was wrong and found me a doctor at the University of Pittsburgh that finally made a diagnosis. I know it killed them to see their little girl in pain, but they never gave up until they had an answer to make me feel better. I am one blessed girl. :)



Arthritis is a PART of our lives...It does NOT control our lives!

Here is the email sent to our Board today! Thank you so much to the amazing West Virginia Arthritis Foundation!

Hi Julie –
Thanks so much for accepting the role as Adult Honoree for the 2013 Jingle Bell 5k Run/Walk-Charleston! In your role, you will help raise awareness and support the success of this December 14, 2013 event, the largest fundraiser for the fight against arthritis in West Virginia.

Through your blog, Reigning over Arthritis, and by using your pageant competition as a stage for discussing arthritis, you have demonstrated a commitment to raising awareness for the 523,000 people in West Virginia living with arthritis. You are serving as a role model for others of how to accept the challenge of living with arthritis by being proactive in your health management choices while continuing to serve your community. In this role, as Adult Honoree, you will motivate others to do the same and challenge  others to join the fight and help raise funds for the Arthritis Foundation.

As Adult Honoree, and a WV Face of Arthritis, you will be a part of the Jingle Bell Run (JBR) Committee and help promote the success of the event. Your “story” will be featured on the JBR race webpage and in promotional materials. Also, the JBR team you build will help set the standard for a  fun and successful event.

Thanks again for accepting this role!

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment