Saturday, March 9, 2013

Keep Calm & Take Care Of Your Body

I'm writing tonight's blog because I realized something that ended up making a lot of sense. Last night, I stayed with one of my best friends while she was in town visiting from North Dakota and I slept on an air mattress. When I woke up this morning, I learned QUICKLY that the air had somehow escaped from this, said air mattress, and I was sleeping on a hardwood floor. My immediate first thought was, "OH CRAP...my body is going to go crazy!"

As an arthritis patient, I think I would probably be put in some sort of "She Freaks Out" category because I have serious anxiety over thinking that a flare might be coming. So, cheers to you, arthritis patients...I'm going to write this AND try to take my own advice.

From now on, I'm listening to my body and I am going to try to keep calm if a flare does hit. I'm no doctor...no really, not even close...blood makes me puke and/or pass out. However, I would assume that if stress assists in causing flares, then stressing over the fact that I am, indeed, having a flare probably isn't helping anything. SO, my goal: Follow my cute little graphic up there and keep calm. I'll rest the joints that need rested, take my medicine, stay active and follow a healthy diet and if a flare does it...I'll know that I'm doing everything I can to keep it limited and minimal as possible! Happy Joints!

No comments:

Post a Comment