Sunday, May 19, 2013

Week Two as Mrs. West Virginia International

What a week!

I can't even explain how thankful and blessed I am for the opportunities that have already come from being crowned Mrs. West Virginia International 2013.

The highlight of my week definitely came on Thursday, as I attended the signing of a Proclamation by Governor Tomblin officially announcing May as Arthritis Month! I met with an incredible group of individuals with arthritis, members of the Advisory Board and our wonderful WV Branch Director while the Governor helped us raise awareness for our cause. 


This week, I was featured in the Charleston Daily Mail and following the signing of the Arthritis Proclamation, I was featured on several television media outlets and I was on the radio!
I met so many wonderful people that day and I am honored to say I have new friends who face challenges with their arthritis, just like me. Below are two Juvenile Arthritis patients who have fueled my passion for bringing the first Pediatric Rheumatologist to our state!

I also traveled to  Logan, WV with the Leadership WV Class of 2013 and had the opportunity to go on the Hatfield McCoy Trails, meet First Lady Tomblin at a beautiful museum, dine at a real airplane hangar and ride in a helicopter! Leadership WV takes us all over the state to learn about the different industries and issues and it's such an awesome opportunity. This session was on coal and I learned a ton!




My week ended with a few personal days of family and friends. A few very great friends are moving to Montana, so my husband and I hosted a going away party on Saturday evening and today, I hosted a baby shower for one of my closest friends! She is due the week of the Mrs. International pageant...I'm hoping the new little man brings his Auntie some good luck while she's in Chicago! 

This week, I'll attend the WV Three Rivers Festival Parade and Opening Ceremonies and throw the First Pitch at a West Virginia Power Baseball Game! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment