Sunday, May 5, 2013

A Journey Has Begun

Yesterday, my life changed.

It has been my DREAM to be crowned Mrs. West Virginia and after a day of competition yesterday, it came true!

I officially have been crowned Mrs. West Virginia International and now have the opportunity to be a voice for The Arthritis Foundation in our state all year. This platform is obviously VERY close to my heart, as I live with the harsh affects arthritis has on our bodies each day. 

I will be traveling the state to build awareness, raise money for research and provide support for the many in our state who are affected by arthritis and I can't wait to get started. I will also travel to Chicago in July to compete at the Mrs. International Pageant with The Arthritis Foundation as my official platform.

This is only the beginning of my journey. I look forward to sharing stories with you along the way as I set out to prove that arthritis is just a PART of my life...it doesn't CONTROL my life...and it doesn't have to control yours, either. 


No comments:

Post a Comment