Monday, May 13, 2013

This is WHY I am Passionate About Arthritis!

It's amazing to me that with my title, I've already made a new friend who is passionate about arthritis.

Shanna McClure sent me such a nice message on my official Mrs. West Virginia International Facebook page and it really put some things in perspective. First, my message is reaching others which is exactly what I want to do and second, people truly appreciate it!

Shanna sent me a messaged and said this:
"Thank you for the attention to arthritis in us young people and for serving as motivation that I CAN be happy and live my life! I am 31 and just recently diagnosed."

She explained that she was still learning what type of diet will work best for her and she has started working with a trainer. She has also learned about the Infrared Sauna and said it is her new best friend.

Something that Shanna said that really hit home to me was, "I just wanted to say thanks. So many people shake their head and act like I'm a baby and tell me I'm too young."

This is exactly why I have made it my mission to spread awareness about arthritis. Whether we are children, young adults or senior citizens, arthritis hurts...and it's important that we get the message out to assist in supporting others and motivating them to feel better!

Thanks so much to Shanna for not only sending me some awesome messages that have made me feel so great, but also for letting me feature her on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment