Saturday, May 11, 2013

Week 1 as Mrs. West Virginia International


One week ago, I was officially crowned Mrs. West Virginia International. I am so excited for this journey, and I certainly haven't wasted any time getting started. :)

This week was filled with preparations for the Mrs. International Pageant which I'll compete in July 19th and 20th. Additionally, I scheduled some super exciting appearances which include throwing the First Pitch at a WV Power Baseball Game and some exciting events at the West Virginia Day event in Charleston.

I had my official photo shoot with Brogan Photography, too. I'm so excited to see the photos! They do such a great job and are so much fun to work with. 

Most importantly, I had the opportunity to meet with the Arthritis Foundation of West Virginia Branch Director and the CEO of the Arthritis Foundation Great Lakes Region. I learned so much and I am so excited about my upcoming year representing this amazing organization. We are passionate about not only finding a cure for arthritis, but supporting others and doing our part to raise awareness in West Virginia. 

This weekend, I've enjoyed time with my two best friends, my MOM (Happy Mother's Day!) and tomorrow, I'll head to Ohio with my husband for his Woods Extreme Cross Country Racing Dirtbike Race. 

I want to send a special thanks to all of you who have wished congratulations. The overwhelming support from individuals all over our state is so touching...I'm so honored to represent West Virginia! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment