Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Sleeping With Arthritis

Even SLEEP Can Cause a Flare!

Today's post is about something I love very much...sleep.

We sometimes forget just how much every day activities can affect arthritis, so I thought this would be a great reminder.

Yesterday, I woke up with an extremely stiff hand after I slept on it the night before. (oops). It hurt all day long until finally easing in the evening, but it was so frustrating to realize that even while I'm sleeping, I can still affect my arthritis.

So, I've developed a few tips for sleeping easier with arthritis. 

  • Make sure you have comfortable pillows
  • Avoid curling and bending in compact positions - the more stretched out you are, the better
  • Try not to sleep on body parts like arms or hands
  • If you have a sore joint, lightly elevate it

Here's to pain-free mornings after a good night's rest!

This is my hound dog Sheldon and I taking a nice nap together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment