Tuesday, June 11, 2013

It's Working! We're Getting The Word Out! :)


Tonight, I had the absolutely incredible opportunity to meet with a group of individuals running as a part of the Genesis 5k Training Program. They work with the only RRCA Certified Running Coach in West Virginia!

This group is determined to maintain an active and healthy lifestyle and Matt is there to coach them 100% of the way. You can check out the website at www.wvruncoach.com

Not only did I get to meet this great group, I also had the opportunity to speak to them about Arthritis. I shared a little bit of my story and talked to them about the importance of an active lifestyle, even with this disease.

It was such an honor to talk to this group and to see them as they started their run for the evening. They are so inspiring!

Additionally, I met our new volunteer for the Arthritis Foundation, Keegan, who was diagnosed with arthritis when she was only 14 months old! I also met Johanna, who came to the run tonight when she learned that I was going to be talking about arthritis. Meeting Johanna tonight literally made me see that our work is paying off. We are spreading awareness about arthritis and it's working! 


What an amazing evening. I'm so humbled, honored and blessed to know that I have the opportunity to support others and spread awareness as Mrs. West Virginia International.


I want to wish good luck to this group as they run their 5k this July...and I hope to see you at the Arthritis Foundation Jingle Bell Run on December 14th in Charleston! :)

If you're interested in checking out a little of my speech, you can click here:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=593573044007838

No comments:

Post a Comment