Monday, October 14, 2013

World Arthritis Day Rocked!

Saturday was World Arthritis Day! Did you know that!?

I am so excited that I had the opportunity to talk on-air on Electric 102.7 with Coach Kidd and Morgan and on 97.5 WQBE about my arthritis, my mission and my involvement with The Arthritis Foundation. 

Here are a few things that came up that I found super interesting.

  • I was able to talk about Juvenile Arthritis! We MUST raise awareness that arthritis can happen to ANYONE at ANY AGE! It's not just a disease for the older population, which is what is believed.
  • Of course, we talked about the Jingle Bell Run! I still hope people are going to join my team or donate - check out www.jinglebellruncharleston.kintera.org for more information or to join a team or donate!


The guys and gal at the radio station were so great. They asked awesome questions and it really gave me the opportunity to spread awareness about this unacceptable disease! Sending a special thanks to you guys today - and sharing a few photos, too!




No comments:

Post a Comment