Monday, October 14, 2013

Black Walnut Festival

On Saturday, I hit the road toward Spencer, WV - a small town with a lot to offer! It is home of the Black Walnut Festival. I had the opportunity to ride in one of the largest parades I have seen in West Virginia!

This was truly something I will remember for a long time because the Newton Volunteer Fire Department allowed me the amazing opportunity to ride with them! This is special because my Pawpaw, Doyle Tawney, was a huge part of starting this Volunteer Fire Department. He's been involved with it for as long as I can remember!

It was so great to meet the volunteers and those who risk their lives to save others. I'm so thankful for the many opportunities I have as Mrs. West Virginia International - this one is surely one to remember!






No comments:

Post a Comment