Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Winter 2014 - It's Cold!

It's been a few weeks since I last posted. After the Holidays, it seems like we are ready for the cold weather and snow to be over, but instead, it's just snowed MORE and gotten COLDER! (At least, in WV it has)

My arthritis feels the temperature change and it sure lets my body know. When it goes from warm to freezing in a matter of hours, the pain sets in.

This winter, I've tried to manage my pain a few ways:


  1. Staying Warm. I've really limited how much time I spend outside
  2. Eating Right. I've watched my diet to make sure my  nutrition keeps me feeling great
  3. Heating Blanket & Heating Pad. I've used these to help keep cold joints warm!

Pain management is different for everyone, but take time to pay attention to what works for you and your pain. I'm usually an Ice Pack Girl, but this winter, I've really embraced the power of warmth on my cold joints.

Think Spring...It will be here soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment