Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Charleston Veteran's Day Parade

On Veteran's Day, I had the incredible opportunity to ride as the final car in the parade with Arthur The Elf (The official mascot of the Jingle Bell Run) and my tiny hero, Ayla! 

Ayla is a child living with juvenile arthritis who keeps a smile on her face every single day. I am so thankful she has become a part of my life. She had the perfect beauty queen wave, too...I see a future Miss WV ;)

Arthur The Elf joined us to promote our upcoming Jingle Bell Run (December 7th in Charleston, WV - Join now. I'll include a link at the bottom of this article.)

This was such a special event because arthritis is the number one cause of disability among our Veterans. So, what better way to honor them than to hopefully raise awareness for something that directly affects them.

It was an honor to ride with you. It's an honor to be the granddaughter of veterans and I thank my  lucky stars EVERY day that we have men and women serving our country for our freedom.

God Bless America!
2013 Jingle Bell Run



No comments:

Post a Comment